Amazon’s net worth was estimated to be close to $ 1905 trillion towards the last quarter of 2021. The company's net worth is impressive considering that it supersedes the GDP of some countries like Italy. The GDP of Italy was estimated to be $ 1.886 trillion towards the end of 2021. It is logical to infer that Amazon is a successful company. Having riches is never satisfying if you can’t share it with others. Amazon has created a charitable subsidiary called Amazon Smile.
It is impossible to create a list of the wealthiest companies in the world without mentioning Amazon. Amazon has a long and rich history dating back to as early as July 5, 1994. The company has a humble beginning because it started its operations in Jeff Bezos’ garage. Amazon began its operations as an online bookstore where people could easily purchase literature. The company later evolved into a fully-fledged e-commerce platform. Amazon’s success inspired the company to give back to the community and inspire positive change. Amazon created Amazon Smile as a charitable subsidiary that gives back to the community, You can find out more about Amazon Smile in 2022: Everything you need to know.
Table Of Contents
What is AmazonSmile?
Amazon launched the Amazon Smile program on October 30, 2013. The program is a synchronized shopping platform that consumers can use to donate. You can log on to Amazon Smile and purchase products at an affordable price on the e-commerce platform. Prices of products on Amazon Smile and Amazon are similar. However, if you shop on Amazon Smile, a small percentage of the purchase price will be deducted and remitted to a charitable organization. Amazon Smile maintains a list of charitable organizations that you can pick from.
How does Amazonsmile Work?
Amazon smile will donate 0.5% of the purchase price when you shop at Amazon, and that donation will be made in your name. You can choose which charity receives the donation by selecting one from a list of eligible organizations or adding one if it isn't listed.
So, If you shop on Amazon, you can use the AmazonSmile link on your mobile app to donate to the charities of your choice. For every dollar you spend on AmazonSmile, the company will donate a certain amount to your favorite charity. This money will be deposited into your school PTO bank account each month. It can be used to fund enrichment programs, field trips, and teacher appreciation.
To use Amazon Smile, you must have a Prime membership. Your purchases from Amazon through this link will be eligible for donation. This is a great way to supplement your charitable contributions. You can also sign up for the program to get additional discounts on your purchases. Amazon will also donate 0.5% of your purchases to the charity you choose. By signing up for AmazonSmile, you can help millions of people while you shop. Amazon will also send you email updates about your purchases.
Once you are registered on AmazonSmile, you can donate your unwanted items to a charity. Almost one million 501(c)(3) organizations are registered with AmazonSmile. You can select the charity you want to support by browsing the list of eligible organizations. Amazon will then deliver your donated items to the charity. The process is easy and free. And don't worry - it's free! You can even donate your unwanted items to multiple charities.
How to get started with Amazon Smile
It is easy to get started with Amazon Smile. You can follow the steps below to get started with your first donation.
- Search and log on to the Amazon Smile e-commerce website.
- Use your Amazon credentials to sign yourself into Amazon Smile.
- Proceed to select your preferred charity from a list of available organizations.
- Start your shopping by adding products to your cart.
- Checkout using Amazon Smile and make your payment.
- Your donation will be automatically deducted and sent to your preferred charity.
How to sign up for Amazon Smile: How to set up your Amazon Smile account
It is not hard to set up your Amazon Smile account. You can use your Amazon sign-in credentials to log on to Amazon Smile. You can register for a new Amazon account on the Amazon Smile website. You can use your email address or phone number to register for a new Amazon account.
How do I choose a charitable organization to support when shopping on Amazon Smile?
Follow the following steps to select your preferred charity.
- Search and log on to smile.amazon.com with your login credentials.
- Use the search box on your home screen to search for your preferred charity.
- You can alternatively browse charities by categories at the bottom of the screen.
- Select your preferred charity by clicking on the select button on the right.
Amazon Smile charity lists: Which organizations are included?
Amazon Smile has a comprehensive list of charitable organizations. You can select from a list of over 1 million charities. The list includes local and international charity organizations.
How to turn on Amazon Smile on the app
The steps below show how to turn on Amazon Smile on your app.
- Download and install the Amazon shopping application on your phone.
- Create an Amazon Smile account on your phone and log in.
- Locate the settings button on the Amazon app and click on it.
- Click on the Amazon Smile option to turn it on.
How to turn on Amazon Smile on desktop
You can access Amazon Smile on any PC browser. Follow the instructions below to activate Amazon Smile on your PC.
- Search and download the Amazon Smile extension using your browser. Make sure you search for an extension that is compatible with your browser.
- Install the Amazon Smile extension on your browser and restart your browser.
- Make sure the Amazon Smile extension is active.
- Log on to your Amazon account and start shopping.
Why should you register for Amazon Smile?
Amazon Smile is a convenient way to shop and help others at the same time. There is no extra cost added to your purchase price. Products on Amazon and Amazon Smile share the same price tags.
How to access Amazon Smile customer service
You can search and log on to Amazon Smile's official website page. Look at the bottom for the contact us link at the bottom of the website page. You will be redirected to a page with an inquiry form. Fill out the form with your details and queries before submitting the form. A customer care representative from Amazon Smile will get back to you as soon as possible.
The best way to use Amazon Smile on a web browser
- Open your browser and type ‘Smile.Amazon.com’ on your URL tab. Press the enter key and wait to be redirected to the Amazon Smile home page.
- Log in to Amazon Smile using your Amazon pass credentials.
- Search and select your preferred charitable organization using the search box or category section at the bottom.
- Open a new tab and log on to your Amazon account and start shopping.
- Amazon Smile will automatically deduct your donations when you check out.
How to access Amazon Smile on Amazon App
- Use your phone's browser to log on to the Amazon Smile. Use your Amazon credentials to access Amazon Smile.
- Select your ideal charitable organization using the category section or search box present on the homepage.
- Open your Amazon application and click on tap on the hamburger menu at the top left of your screen. Select Amazon Smile and follow the prompts to turn on the donation feature. Go back to your home screen and start shopping.
- Amazon Smile will deduct your donation when you check out of the Amazon store.
How do I shop at Amazon Smile? How to place Amazon Smile orders
Pick a charity organization of your choice by going to the Amazon Smile webpage. You can then use the normal Amazon store to place an order using Amazon Smile. Use any of the above-mentioned methods to turn on Amazon Smile on your PC or mobile app.
Is it possible to use my existing Amazon.com account on Amazon Smile?
Amazon Smile is a donation program that has been embedded on Amazon. Both applications are interdependent platforms. You can use the credentials you use to log on to Amazon.com to access Amazon Smile.
How do I choose a charitable organization to support when shopping on Amazon Smile?
- Log on to the Amazon Smile homepage by typing Smile.Amazon.com on your URL.
- Use your Amazon account details to access the donation platform.
- Search for your preferred charity using the search box in the middle of the webpage.
How Amazon Smile works for consumers
Amazon Smile works for consumers by giving them an option to shop and donate to their favorite charity. It is favorable because the donation cost is deducted from the company’s profit.
How Amazon Smile works for charities
Amazon Smile works for charities by helping them actualize their goals through donations.
How do eligible charities receive donations from Amazon Smile?
Charities are required to contact Amazon Smile before they are listed. The charities are vetted to ensure they are legitimate. This includes giving financial details of their accounts. Amazon Smile calculates and forwards the deducted donations to the charities.
Amazon Smile Prime and Amazon Smile Fresh: What is the difference?
Amazon Smile Prime is available to Amazon users with a Prime membership account. Amazon Smile Fresh can be used by Amazon users while buying and ordering fresh produce.
Pros and cons of Amazon Smile for consumers
- It gives consumers a chance to donate and shop at the same time.
- It offers consumers a chance to donate at no extra cost.
- You have to log in to Amazon Smile and pick a charity before you can donate.
- Only a few charities are represented, compared to the total number of charities available worldwide.
Pros and cons of Amazon Smile for charitable organizations
- It provides a good source for funding.
- It is easy for charities to register and benefit from the Amazon Prime program.
- A small percentage of charities are represented worldwide.
- It can take a long time for the charity to be discovered.
Does Amazon Smile have higher prices?
No, products bought through Amazon Smile have the same price as those products bought from Amazon.
How do I change my Amazon Smile charity?
- Use your browser to visit ‘Smile.Amazon.com’. Log in to your Amazon Smile account using your credentials.
- Go to the top of your Amazon Smile Page, and click on options to change your charity.
- Select a new charity organization to complete the process.
Is Amazon Smile only available to Prime Members?
Everyone with an Amazon account can donate using Amazon Smile. Amazon Smile is available to every Amazon consumer, regardless of their membership status.
What items are eligible for Amazon Smile donations?
Before making any purchases on Amazon, make sure to read the product description carefully. Look out for products that have stamps labeled "Eligible for Amazon Smile donation". Products that have this label are eligible for Amazon Smile donations.
Are Amazon Smile contributions tax-deductible?
Donations made through Amazon Smile are exempted from tax in the US. Most countries do not tax donations made to charity organizations.
What percentage of my purchase on Amazon Smile goes to donations?
Every time you purchase a product that is eligible for Amazon Smile donation, 0.5% of the purchase price is sent to your selected charity.
It always feels good when you give so take advantage of the Amazon Smile donation program. Give to your favorite charity every time you shop by visiting the Amazon Smile website.