Amazon is at the forefront of selling and offering AI solutions. Among the AI products that it offers is Amazon Alexa. And like most Amazon offerings, Alexa has been a hit! To ensure you get quality results from your new AI assistant, Amazon is offering a one-year limited warranty!
So, what does the one-year limited warranty cover, and what are the exceptions? Here is a detailed post on Amazon Alexa warranty.
Table Of Contents
What Amazon Alexa Warranty Covers?
Amazon warrants Alexa device against imperfection of the materials and workmanship. However, the warranty is only under normal consumer usage for one year after the first retail purchase. If the device malfunctions during the warranty period, the company will either;
- Fix the device using new or reconditioned parts
- Swap the defective gadget with a new or reconditioned device similar to the device to be replaced.
- Refund you the purchase price of the gadget in whole or partially.
The warranty cover solely applies to hardware components that are not subject to;
- Unauthorized repairs or any other form of alteration
- Damage from external causes such as fire and water
- All replaced accessories and devices shall become Amazon's property after a refund or replacement.
- This warranty is provided by Amazon only if you bought it from their website. If you have bought your Alexa device from 3rd party sellers, you're not eligible for the warranty.
3. The standard warranty covers all parts of the device except batteries and chargers, which have separate warranties of one year each.
How to Return Your Defective Amazon Alexa?
If you think your Amazon Alexa is defective, you may be able to return it. But first, you must know how to do it correctly. If not done correctly, you might lose some of your money or even the device itself. Here's how to return a defective Amazon Alexa:
- Log in to your Amazon account, click on "Your Orders," and locate your Alexa device purchase.
- Click the Return and replace item button next to the traced purchase.
- Follow the return instructions thoroughly, and you will be prompted to print the label. You will use the printed label to pack and mail your returns.
- Mail out your product to Amazon!
The steps above are easy to execute if your purchase is not over 30 days. Otherwise, you will need to contact the customer support team to guide you on how to return your defective Alexa device.
How to Claim a Refund for Amazon Alexa?
You qualify for a refund if your Alexa device is still under warranty. However, the refund will only be processed after the customer support team verify that your returned Alexa device is faulty.
A refund or a replacement? A refund is ideal for various reasons;
- There is no risk of being sent a device that will malfunction again
- You can use the money to buy another product or still another Alexa device from Amazon at a discounted price during promotions.
3. You can get your money back quickly and use it for whatever you want!
How to Request a Refund?
- Log in to our account and proceed to Your Orders.
- Locate the specific order (Alexa device) you intend to return and get a refund.
- From the drop-down list, select the problem you encountered with the product.
- Proceed and choose Request refund.
- Type your comments in the text field and select
Usually, the refund process takes up to 7 working days from you submitting your request for the refund. How long it will take to get the funds in your account depends on your payment method and how quickly your bank will process the refund.
Note: You cannot trick Amazon into refunding you or replacing a damaged Alexa device. The company does due diligence on each returned item. If your return is fraudulent, you might be penalized or land in jail. Nevertheless, Amazon will always work towards satisfying its honest clients!
Limitations to the Amazon Alexa Warranty
Amazon Alexa warranty is a good deal when you consider that it's free, but there are some limitations to the warranty;
- It's a one-year limited warranty: If something goes wrong with your device, Amazon will fix or replace it for free within the first 12 months of purchase. But after that, you're on your own.
- The warranty is not transferable: If you sell or give away your Alexa device, the warranty cannot be transferred to the new owner. In case of any malfunctioning, the new owner will bear the costs of repairs.
- The warranty only covers defects in materials and quality. That means if your device stops working because you spilled water on it or something else happened to cause damage, then you're out of luck. You'll have to pay for repairs or replacements yourself.
Amazon Alexa Not Working: 3 Things To Do Before You Return It
If your Amazon Alexa is having issues, you may be tempted to return the device. But before you incur that return cost, here are a few steps you can take:
1. Check the Power Supply
The first thing to check is whether your device has power. Check the physical plug on the back of your device and make sure it's plugged into an outlet that works properly. If it's plugged in but still not working properly, try unplugging it for a minute and then plugging it back in again.
2. Check for Updates
There may be software updates available for your Alexa. It might be time to update if you're using an older software version. Just open up the Alexa app on your phone, tap on Settings and tap Software Update. If there's an update available for your device, tap Download and Install Now. Once you are done installing the update, restart your device and check if it's working.
3. Ensure there is no Background Noise
Amazon Alexa works by listening to your voice. The more noise there is around her, the harder it is for her to hear you and respond accordingly. So if you're having trouble with Alexa, make sure there's no background music or other sounds that may be distracting her from hearing your command.
Amazon Alexa warranty comes in handy when the device starts malfunctioning. You don't have to worry about buying another device or taking it for repairs! Return your Alexa device to Amazon for a refund or replacement!