Pets are wonderful, loyal members of our family. We value our pets and ensure they have a happy and healthy life. But have you ever wondered if there is anything you could do to help your pet live a happy long life?
Pets need high-protein diets to support their active lifestyle. A good diet is crucial for the overall health of your pet. Pets that are fed with quality diets tend to stay healthier than those fed with generic brands. Among the quality and affordable dog food in the market, today is ALDI dog food. Here is a detailed review of ALDI dog food.
Table Of Contents
ALDI Dog Food Ingredients and Quality
While ALDI dog food is not a premium brand, it offers adequate macronutrients for your dog’s daily consumption. Whether you are going for the dry or wet options, you don't have to worry about its quality. Here are the top ingredients in this brand:
- Deboned chicken & chicken meal
- Pearled barley
- Ground brown rice
Give your canines complete nutrition yet affordable with prices ranging from 45 cents to $9.69. If you want to save some money but still give your pet the best food, then ALDI is a good choice for you.
Variety of Dog Food ALDI Offers
Even though ALDI dog food does not compare to other brands listed in big retail stores like Walmart, the brand offers a variety of tasty dog food. There are different varieties of ALDI dog food that you can choose from depending on the size, type, and age of your dog.
Here are some of the best ALDI food for your pets:
Heart to Tail Dry Dog Food
Heart to Tail is a new entrant to the dog food brands in the USA produced and distributed by ALDI. It is a budget-friendly complete diet for your adult dog. The kibble is made from chicken and chicken meal, which is the first ingredient listed on the package.
Chicken is a good source of protein, especially for dogs that have allergies or sensitivities to meat proteins such as beef, lamb, and pork. The rest of the ingredients are healthy and nutritious, including Filet Mignon, whole grain corn, corn germ meal, and bone meal.
This dog food weighs about 18.5 pounds per bag and retails at around $9.69. The prices may vary depending on the location. The package attempts to give your pets all the vitamins including Vitamin D and E and minerals such as potassium chloride they require to live a long and healthy life.
With the meat element having been replaced by meat by-products and corn, it's hard to ascertain the nutritional value of this dog meal.
Heart to Tail Wet Dog Food
This meal mostly contains animal content making it superior compared to dry food. The top ingredients in this variety of ALDI dog food;
- Beef by-products
- Chicken liver
- Real beef in some cases
- A smaller portion of beef
- Deboned turkey
Beef by-products are a good source of protein but they are inferior to whole meats when you compare their quality of protein. The Crude protein content in this meal is 8% which is a bit low compared to competing brands.
In terms of vitamins and minerals, Heart to Tail wet dog food is well-balanced. It is enriched with vitamin C, vitamin D3 supplements, and vitamin E. Minerals present in this meal are traces of manganese, calcium, zinc, and chelated copper. Dog food that has traces of chelated copper maximizes the absorption of vitamins and minerals in your pets.
Even though this meal plan meets all the criteria of quality dog food, it has additives such as carrageenan and unspecified artificial flavor. These additives may have adverse reactions on your pets when taken frequently. All said and done, Heart to Tail wet dog food is a better option compared to a dry one. If you have a cat, try Heart to Tail cat food Amazon and your cat will love it!
Aldi Pure Being Dog Food
This variety offers pros of premium dog foods without having to spend much on this brand. Under this type of dog meal, you’ll find;
- Pure Being Chicken and Brown Rice: This type of dog meal contains fish meals, turkey meals, and different kinds of probiotics and vegetables. The content of this meal makes it rich in fiber which is good for the digestive system of your pets. The downside of this variety is the presence of canola oil which can be harmful to your dogs.
- Grain-Free Salmon and Sweet Potato: This is a canned dog meal with salmon as the first ingredient. Other sources of protein in this meal are potatoes and peas. Good protein sources are crucial for the formation of muscles in your dogs. This meal also contains carrageenan as a food thickener. Carrageenan can be harmful to your dogs as it can cause inflammation and lesions in your pet’s stomach.
How to Make Your ALDI Dog Food Last Longer?
Even though ALDI dog food is affordable, it's not cheap enough that you can just go through the bag in a day or two. Here are some tips to make it last longer:
- Use smaller bowls. Dogs will eat less if their bowl is smaller especially when they're puppies. Smaller bowls ensure there is no wastage. You don't have to fill the bowls to the brim!
- Store it properly. Don't store your ALDI dog food in an open area where it can get wet or exposed to sunlight. The best place to store your ALDI dog food is in an air-tight container, dry place, or freezer if it's appropriate.
- Use a scoop. Using a scoop will help ensure that you are giving your pup the proper amount of food each day. It also helps prevent overfeeding, which can cause weight gain or other health problems.
Even the cheapest dog food will cost you some dollars that you would have spent on something else. Make your ALDI dog food last longer and it might help you save some bucks at the end of the year!
What Do We like about ALDI Dog Food?
ALDI dog food has some benefits that will make you consider it for your next dog meal purchase:
- ALDI dog food is generally cheaper than other brands of dog food, which makes it a good choice if you're on a tight budget.
- It comes in small bags or cans, which makes it easy to buy just what you need and not have extra leftovers.
- The quality is outstanding. Your pets will love ALDI's fresh foods and treats!
ALDI dog food is not a premium brand but its result will surprise you! Quality-wise, ALDI dog food rivals that of the top competing brands, but at a fraction of their price. Besides, the brand comes in different categories and sizes to ensure there is a fit for every pet owner.