So, you are wondering how to go about returning a book you ordered on Audible, but just don’t know how to go about it? Well, you are in luck because in this post, we will share with you all the details of how to return a book on Audible, step by step with no steps skipped. Read on for more.
To ensure customer satisfaction in 2023, Audible has made it easier and more convenient to for its customers to return books you ordered on the platform absolutely risk-free. You can return a book on Audible via the website or a mobile app, provided it’s within 365 days from your purchase date.
To return a book on Audible, follow these steps:
- Go to audible.com on your computer and log into your account.
- Hover over "Hi, [your name]!" at the top of the screen, and select "Account Details."
- Click on "Purchase History." You'll see a list of all the books you've purchased on Audible.
- Find the book you want to return and click "Return Title" next to it.
- Select your reason for the return, and click "Return Title" again.
This is a lifesaver feature for Audible enthusiasts who have purchased titles that don’t resonate with them or accidentally chose the wrong book.
With this risk-free return, you can try any of the latest narrators or stories without fearing losing credit. Here is a detailed guide on how to return a book to Audible in 2023. But first;
Table Of Contents
What You Need to Know Before Returning a Book on Audible
While returning a book on Audible is straightforward, there are a few things one ought to have in mind beforehand. Some of these include:
- You must have an active Audible Premium Plus membership plan. Expired or canceled plans aren’t eligible to return purchased titles.
- Non-members can return a maximum of 2 titles in 6 months by contacting Audible Customer Service.
- All Audible returns must be within 365 days from the date of purchase. Titles returned later than this won’t be considered.
- Audible doesn’t specify the maximum number of books you can return. However, the company monitors abuse of their return policy. On average, you can return 2-4 books within a year.
- You can return an audiobook even after listening to it. However, Audible can limit the number of returns it permits each member.
- Audible has the right to cancel or modify the terms of its return policy for any or all its subscribers at any time.
How to Return a Book on Audible Using the App
You can choose to return a book on Audible via their website or mobile app. Here are the steps for making your return via the Audible mobile application:
Step 1: Launch the Audible app and sign in to your Audible account.
Step 2: Navigate to your library by tapping the library icon found at the bottom of your screen.
Step 3: Go through the titles and select the one you intend to return by tapping on it. Doing so will lead you to the details page of the book.
Step 4: On the details page, tap on the three dots at the top right corner of your screen. A menu showing different items will pop up.
Step 5: From the options, choose “Return Title.” If asked for a reason for returning, tap on the right reason. Otherwise, on the next popup screen, tap “Yes” to confirm that you intend to return the book.
That’s it! The book you selected to be returned will be pulled out from your library, and the credit you spent to buy it will be refunded to your account.
How to Return a Book on Audible via the Website
As aforementioned, besides the Audible mobile app, you can also return any book you purchased on the platform via the official Audible website. Here is how to go about it:
Step 1: Visit audible.com on your smartphone/PC and sign into your account.
Step 2: Click on your username at the top right corner of your account and select Account Details from the dropdown menu.
Step 3: On your Account Details menu, select Purchase History. Here, you’ll have a record of all the books you’ve purchased from the site.
Step 4: Search for the book you would like to return and click the Return button next to it.
Step 5: Select the reason for returning the book in the next pop-up window.
Step 6: Complete the transaction by clicking the yellow Return.
Just like that and the selected book title will have been returned successfully. By extension, you will also get credit associated with the initial purchase refunded to your account.
Audible will refund you in the same way you bought the book. If you purchased the book using credit, your credit will be refunded. Similarly, funds will be returned to your card if you purchased the title via your credit card. Or, if you purchased the title using your coupon, you’ll receive a new coupon.
You can reach out to the Audible customer support team for assistance when;
- You experience any challenges in returning your book to Audible
- You see Online Return Unavailable on the book you’d wish to return.
- You find a title that is “not eligible for return.”
Things to Note
- You can only return titles you bought with credits, not cash.
- Returns must be initiated within 365 days of purchase.
- You can only return each title once.
- Returning a title also removes it from any device you downloaded it on.
- You cannot return Daily Deals, monthly selections, or audiobook gifts.
- Returned books can still be reviewed within 30 days.
Why Return a Book on Audible?
There are several reasons why one might consider returning a book on Audible. Here are a few common ones:
Dissatisfaction with the content
Sometimes, your purchased book does not meet your expectations. It could be the subject matter, the writing style, a mismatch in genre preferences, or you just had a change of mind about the book. Any reason that might make you feel dissatisfied with the book is enough for you to initiate a return of the book. You should get value for your purchase!
Narration quality issues
The narration quality can make or break your audiobook experience. It will be difficult to keep the story's momentum if the narrator’s voice glitches or the pace is slow. Returning the book and finding a better replacement is crucial in such situations.
Sometimes, you unintentionally choose the wrong title when buying books on Audible. Rectify the mistake by returning the book, receiving a refund, and selecting the correct title. Only be sure to be more cautious next time you purchase a title on Audible. Remember there’s a cap on the maximum number of returns one can make in a year.
Audible has a vast collection of audiobooks, but not everyone can assess them. For instance, if you have a hearing impairment, an audiobook with no subtitles might be difficult to follow keenly. Similarly, for people with visual impairments, books with small fonts might be quite challenging to read through.
If you experience any challenges accessing an audiobook on Audible, return the book and find another one that you can access stress-free.
Returning a book on Audible is a straightforward process that can be easily done on your smartphone, PC, or tablet. However, remember that as a rule, the return should be within 365 days from the date of purchase.
After a successful return, the platform will refund you depending on your mode of purchase, a credit for purchases using credit, a coupon for purchases made using a coupon, and money for purchases done through your credit card. While Audible does not specify the maximum number of returns a user can do, the company is always on the watch for people abusing the return policy.