Online shopping is always fun and easy to do. You can shop for a wide variety of products right from the comfort of your home. Amazon offers online shoppers an online platform to shop for their favorite items. Amazon also offers excellent delivery services after you have purchased an item on their e-commerce platform. Amazon can deliver your product to a P.O. Box where you can pick it up later. Does Amazon Ship to PO Boxes? Everything you need to know about Amazon PO Box deliveries is outlined in this article.
Shopping online is the most preferred shopping method in today’s market. This is because this method of shopping is easy, fast, and reliable compared to visiting brick and mortar stores. Amazon is the leading e-commerce store in the world. Amazon services are available to customers in the US and in many other countries across the globe. Customers can pick from different delivery options. In this post, we’ll highlight everything that you need to know with regards to whether Amazon ships to PO Boxes. Keep reading to find out.
Table Of Contents
Does Amazon Prime Deliver to PO Boxes?
Yes, you can get your Amazon package delivered to your local P.O. Box. Amazon Prime ship service is simple once you understand how the delivery process works. You can get swift deliveries if you exercise due diligence. You have to ensure you put down the correct address, or your package might get lost in transit.
Can you use a PO Box as an address on Amazon?
Yes, you can use your P.O. Box address on your Amazon shipment. You can use your postal address by filling in your post details under the shipping address 1 line field. Ensure that your postal address is the only shipping detail on the delivery slip. This will indicate that you want your package delivered directly to your box via USPS.
Does Amazon deliver to a post office?
Amazon and its affiliate market-sellers can deliver your Amazon package to our local post office. Amazon prefers to contract third-party carriers to help them deliver their products. Your package will be excluded if your carrier does not support post office deliveries. However, you can work around this problem by filling in a general delivery address on your package.
Why can’t Amazon ship to my PO Box?
The current situation is that Amazon uses third-party and independent contractors to get their products delivered on time. Contractors like UPS do not deliver to PO Boxes. Amazon has discontinued its delivery services with contractors willing to do post office deliveries.
Why doesn’t Amazon ship to PO Boxes?
Currently, Amazon and UPS do not support PO Boxes deliveries. That means the majority of Amazon’s carriers do not abide by post office deliveries. Some of the reasons behind this policy can stem from the need to avoid supporting their competitors.
What companies/ stores deliver to PO Boxes?
Several companies can deliver any item to a PO Box within the US. Rite Aid, for example, delivers pharmaceutical products to PO Box addresses. Bed, Bath, and Beyond can deliver household furniture to any post office address within the US. You can use Kroger to get fresh groceries delivered to your preferred post office location.
Is Amazon PO Box delivery available in Puerto Rico?
There are some limitations to sending any Amazon package to Puerto Rico. Amazon’s policy dictates that it cannot offer priority or expedient delivery options for packages delivered to Puerto Rico. The company is also discouraged from shipping heavy or hazardous packages to Puerto Rico. The weight maximum limit for shipping a heavy package to Puerto Rico is 70 pounds.
Is Amazon PO Box delivery available in the US?
Yes, you can get your Amazon package delivered to your PO Box in the US. It is recommended that you only put your correct post office address on the shipping address 1 line field. This is the only way to guarantee your package to be delivered via the post office.
Does Amazon deliver to PO Boxes in the UK?
The general concession is that you cannot forward your Amazon delivery to a PO Box in the UK. Forwarding your delivery is not possible even if you use carriers such as DHL and DPD. However, you can use the Royal Mail PO Box to deliver your Amazon package, provided the package is within the Royal Mail’s recommended limit.
Does Amazon Fresh deliver to PO Boxes?
It is not possible to get your Amazon Fresh deliveries routed to your local post office. However, you can try using Amazon’s fresh pick location near you. Amazon Fresh pick-up location is a fast, safe, and easy way to get fresh produce delivered to you.
How to use PO Box as your shipping Address on Amazon
You can use the following steps to get your Amazon package delivered to you via PO Box.
- Log on to your Amazon account and add your preferred items to your cart.
- The third step is going to the top-right corner of the Amazon web page. Look for the check-out option and click on it.
- The last step is filling in your correct PO Box detail. Enter the correct PO Box details under the Address line 1 field. Leave all the other address fields blank and proceed to complete your purchase order.
What are some of the advantages of Amazon shipping to your PO Box address?
- Speedy delivery - PO Boxes in the US are hosted and managed by the US Post office. Amazon delivery is an expedited method for direct mail or package.
- Steady address - PO Boxes are permanent, and it can be a tedious process if you want to change your postal address. Having a PO Box can be a deterrent from changing your address frequently.
- Easy access to mails - P.O Boxes in the US are run and hosted by the US Post office. This is an advantage because the Federal government provides all the required resources to run the postal services 24/7. You can access your mail at any time without much hassle.
- Instant notifications whenever you have a parcel - This benefit is available to premium service subscribers. Premium PO Box service is beneficial because you get notified whenever mail gets delivered to your post office box.
- Easy online management - PO Box services have not been left behind when it comes to technological advancements. You can manage your PO Box and postal service online. You can manage your postal account anywhere there is an internet connection.
- Improved security for your mails - The US Post office manages the postal services in the US. The postal service also falls under the Federal government. That means that any deliveries made via the post will enjoy the protection of the Federal authority. PO Box is one of the most secure ways to get deliveries because you can be guaranteed that your package cannot be tampered with easily.
What are the disadvantages of Amazon shipping to your PO Box address?
- Limited shipment options - USPS is the only independent carrier that can deliver a package to you via your PO Box. This means you will not be able to enjoy services from independent and third-party carriers like FedEx, DHL, and UPS. You will be limited from enjoying international services like DHL delivery service because the post office services operate within the US.
- Owning PO Boxes is restricted to persons aged 18+ years - Having a PO Box requires that you undertake the obligation of being responsible for it. Such an obligation requires legal consent from someone with a contracting capacity. You can only get contracting capacity if you are above the age of 18 years.
- Less popular than a physical address - It is less popular than a physical address because it requires that you go to a post office to get your mail or deliveries.
You can have your Amazon package delivered to your PO Box if you reside in the US. Getting your Amazon deliveries via your PO Box is a safe and expedient delivery method. You can easily get a PO Box if you are an adult and of sound mind. You can visit the US post office website to get more details about registering a new PO Box.
With that said, we wrap up this post on “Does Amazon ship to PO Boxes?” Hope you fund it extremely useful and informative. If you have any questions or suggestions, be sure to drop them in the comments section below.