Since they are multipurpose kitchen tools that are capable of cooking a wide range of dishes, air fryers have become more and more popular. They do not need as much oil since they can distribute hot air uniformly, giving food a crispy finish. Enjoyable scrambled eggs can be made with an air fryer, even though they are usually used for baking or frying.
In other words, air fryers can be the solution if you have been looking for an easy and quick method to make scrambled eggs. We are going to take you through the easy steps in this article to make use of this modern device to make precisely scrambled eggs. Making scrambled eggs in an air fryer is a game-changer, whether you are a beginner cook or just looking for a quick breakfast-making method. Now, let us get started and discover the techniques for perfecting this wonderful morning dish.
Table Of Contents
Reasons to Love Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs
Below are some of the reasons why most people love scrambled eggs that are made from Air Fryers. They are follows
- This is a fantastic recipe for simple weekday breakfast meal prep.
- Cooking is easy, and cleaning up is a snap.
- Because of the heated air swirling around them, the scrambled eggs appear fluffy.
- Usually very quick when it comes to cooking
- Simple to personalize using your preferred cheese, herbs, and vegetables.
Ingredients for Making Eggs in Air Fryer
This recipe only calls for everyday ingredients; therefore, there are no strange secrets! But believe me, the techniques and hints are in the instructions! The following is needed to make scrambled eggs:
- Eggs: Use large eggs! You may still get them in any grocery shop despite their slightly increased price. Ohio produces over 10 billion eggs annually, making it one of the world's top producers of eggs.
- Milk: These eggs have a creamy texture thanks to a bit of milk added. Many claim that adding water makes the egg fluffier. It's a terrific last resort when milk is not available. Thick cream also works well!
- Salt and pepper: In straightforward dishes, high-quality kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper work well.
- Vegetables: a terrific way to up the nutritional value of this simple meal, although they are optional. Sliced spinach, bell peppers, and mushrooms are a few of our faves.
- Cheese: Almost any kind of cheese pairs well with these air-fried eggs, as well as any other egg. Sharp cheddar, goat cheese, pepper jack, and Monterey jack are some of our faves.
- Herbs: it's worth the little effort to go the additional mile and add fresh eggs to any recipe. It is the ideal method for boosting flavor and freshness.
Steps on How to Make Scrambled Eggs in Air Fryer
Step 1: Fill a pan with oil or butter in the air fryer basket. For two minutes, preheat the air fryer at 350˚F. The butter will melt as the Air Fryer heats up.
Step 2: Break open the eggs into a small basin and mix with the cream, pepper, and salt. Blend until well combined.
Step 3: Using tongs, remove the pan and swirl it thoroughly to distribute the butter. Alternatively, use a pastry brush to coat the pan's sides with the melted butter lightly.
Step 4: Transfer the mixture of eggs into the pan and air fry for two minutes at 350˚F.
Step 5: Take out the Air fryer basket once the two minutes are finished, and use a spatula to mix the eggs. Next, replace the Air Fryer basket and continue cooking the scrambled eggs at the same temperature for two more minutes. Once more, take out the Air fryer basket, whisk the eggs. After a minute, replace the Air fryer basket and continue cooking. You will cook the eggs for a total of five minutes. Cook for a further minute or two if your eggs are still unfinished.
- Pan: Use an oven- or Air fryer-safe pan that fits inside your air fryer, such as a pie pan or cake pan, to cook your scrambled eggs. A non-stick pan would be an excellent choice
- Melt butter: While the air fryer is heating up, insert the pan containing the cold butter; there is no need to melt the butter separately.
- Wooden spoon/rubber spatula: To avoid scratching the pan that you are using, you should try to use a wooden or rubber spoon or spatula.
- Stir: While cooking eggs, you must take out the Air fryer basket twice and stir them. As a result, the eggs will break and have a smooth, creamy texture. The eggs will cook into an omelet if they are not swirled.
- Double the recipe: You can cook as many eggs as your skillet will hold at once or more than two at a time. You may need to cook the dish for a few minutes when doubling or tripling it.
Toppings and Mix-Ins for Fried Scrambled Eggs
You really can't go wrong if you decide to try a new flavor, so make yourself creative! You may also present a range of choices and allow people to select their top choices. To help you get started, consider these few ideas:
- Vegetables: Chopped bell peppers or onions would be a simple addition. Or make use of some caramelized onions or leftover squash.
- Fresh Herbs: A touch of freshness can be added to your dish with cilantro and chives.
- Hot Sauce: Add a dash or two of your preferred hot sauce to turn things up a notch. Add it after the scrambled eggs are done cooking in the air fryer, or mix it in before.
- Salsa: Another simple way to incorporate vegetables and heat!
- Cheese: In the final minute of cooking, scatter shredded cheese over the scrambled eggs cooked in the air fryer. Or incorporate it right before serving.
- Seasonings: Onion powder and garlic powder complement almost anything. Add some smoked paprika if you like.
Is Two Scrambled Eggs Healthy
You can enjoy an egg breakfast every single day! Even at their higher price, a dozen big eggs still represent excellent value at 1.5 pounds of the best protein available.
Eggs are a natural and compact source of vitamins and minerals. A single egg has 70 calories, 6 grams of high-quality protein, and 8 vital elements. In other words, two eggs give 140 calories and 12 grams of protein. Plus, eggs are minimal in carbohydrates and are naturally sugar-free.
Adding veggies to eggs (check out the suggestions below) improves the digestion of vitamins and minerals. Vitamin E, for instance, helps to maintain a strong immune system. The last vitamin is choline, which is present in eggs and is crucial for maintaining lifelong brain function at all ages, particularly for young children and nursing mothers.
Adding a few eggs to your daily diet is somehow beneficial, particularly if you pair them with a variety of vegetables as well as healthy fats like avocado.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Which Foods Go Good With Eggs?
Adding a simple recipe for bacon cooked in the air fryer would be tasty! It can also be served with fresh fruit to make a full dinner. Air-fried potatoes are also quite delicious!
Q. Are The Eggs Going To Stick To The Pan's Inner Side?
For this recipe, I use a medium-sized bowl, and to help the eggs not stick, I will drizzle some olive or coconut oil inside the basin.
Q. Is It Possible To Add Butter To This Recipe?
You can add butter if you decide to. A teaspoon of butter can be added to the egg mixture to give it a slightly deeper taste. For that flavor, you can alternatively use a greased skillet or bowl.
Q. How Are Leftover Eggs Stored?
If you have any leftover eggs, allow them to cool before storing them in a covered container. They can be reheated and enjoyed again after they have been fresh for up to two days!
Q. When Cooking Eggs In An Air Fryer, What Temperature Is Ideal?
Approximately 300°F is the ideal temperature for air fryer eggs, which is rather low when compared to other dishes like air fryer breakfast potatoes or air fryer salmon pieces. While eggs cooked at lower temperatures cook slowly and produce soft, fluffy eggs, eggs cooked at higher degrees will brown or crisp.
An easy and quick breakfast option is to cook scrambled eggs in an air fryer. This method produces delicious results quickly. Eggs cook fast and uniformly in the air fryer while maintaining their fluffy, delicious texture thanks to the hot, circulating air. Give your air fryer a chance so that the next time you have a desire for scrambled eggs, enjoy hassle-free cooking.